ADDICTED TO PLAY - ideas, links, and musings on Play Activism! May 10 2016, 0 Comments
Our favorite links for May - enjoy!
1. TED Talk: Settle Down, Pay Attention, Say Thank You: practical tips on how to manage the daily stresses for you and your kids from a mindfulness expert - what's not to love about this talk by Kristen Race?
2. Building Success at Home: We all get frustrated (daily)! These tips from Leah Shafer at The Harvard Graduate School Of Education are helpful in developing kids self-regulation skills - we especially like tip #2.
3. Let's Get Lost: Teaching fiscal responsibility, while getting the kids motivated and involved. Love this great idea for summer adventures by Megan McBride for Slate Magazine.
4. Why Your Kids Should Go Barefoot More (and, probably adults too): One of my all-time favorite articles. I'm a big believer in babies going barefoot (no socks or footed PJ's please). This article talks about the "myth" of catching germs while going barefoot and how our feet were much healthier before shoes. This will change your perspective on the benefits of bare-feet (there are lots of them)! By Lauren Knight for the Washington Post.
5. Science Says Parents of Successful Kids Have These 13 Things in Common: Insightful tips. Not sure if I agree with all of them at face value (ahem - #10), however, I'm a big believer in encouraging "growth mindsets."
6. Flourless Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies: I have serious cravings for chocolate everyday! These cookies by Monique from Ambitious Kitchen are paleo, gluten free, and delicious - you gotta try 'em!