ADDICTED TO PLAY - ideas, links and musings on play activisim! August 28 2015, 0 Comments
We thought this would be a good way to share articles, toys and lots of other stuff around play that we love - enjoy!
1. The Day the Crayons Came Home: The clever (for parents) and fun (for kids) sequel to The Day the Crayons Quit.
2. Buffalo Zoo's Nature Playground Brings Out Wild Side in Children: Just Opened– tree stumps and logs vs. slides and swings! Good reminder that all our kids need more immersive natural experiences.
3. Home-made Pop-Tarts: This recipe is fun and easy (like legitimately easy – there’s more to do for my 5 yr old than for me) – and I get to share a healthyish version of one of my favorite childhood treats – yum! Recipe and Photo Credit: Hello Natural
4. The Little Known Power of Boredom and Alone Time: Be free of the guilt - boredom for kids is beneficial and here's why. A great read from Chandra Johnson.
5. Spot-it Junior: my go-to easy to learn and play travel game for restaurants, planes and more (and bonus: adults will like this one too)!
6. The Importance of Imaginative Play: great tips/tools for every age group on how to encourage some magical thinking - from Dr. Gail Gross on HuffPost Parents.