ADDICTED TO PLAY - ideas, links and musings on play activisim! September 04 2015, 0 Comments
We thought this would be a good way to share articles, toys and lots of other stuff around play that we love - enjoy!
1. Elephant and Piggy Books by Mo Willems – Mo Willems can illustrate animal emotions like none other – and his stories are witty and fun – great for toddlers and early readers!
2. The Benefits of Slow Parenting: by Jaci Conry of the Boston Globe – finding simple ways to connect can be beneficial for everyone! Photo credit: Charles Gullung/Getty Images
3. Uncle Goose Blocks – You can never have too many blocks, and we love these nursery rhyme collectibles from Uncle Goose. Made in the USA - French, Spanish, Periodic Table options and more!
4. YOXO: What’s not to love – made in the USA of recyable materials promoting open-ended play – my kids love them!
5. When Did Girls Start Wearing Pink? blue for boy and pink for girls?... an interesting commentary and history on how this came to be by Jeanne Maglaty from Smithsonian.com. Photo credit: jaroon/istock
6. Genius of Play: Ideas, tips and education on why play is critical (and of course, the play pledge). To more #freeplay!