ADDICTED TO PLAY - ideas, links, and musings on Play Activism! February 18 2016, 0 Comments
Our favorite links for February - enjoy!
1. Care For Our World: One of my favorite (non preachy) books about caring for others and for our planet - beautifully illustrated. Bonus - cut-out play set included.
2. Oatmeal Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes: Who doesn't love pancakes? Which is why I was overjoyed to find this healthy oat pancake recipe from one of my favorite food bloggers - seriously 10 min from start to finish. From Ambitious Kitchen.
3. MAMA: Mothers Against More Activities: A reflective read on how "childhood" has evolved to activity hustling. From Brain Child Magazine by Francie Arenson Dickman.
4. The Single Most Important Skill to Teach Your Child: Working on your child's emotional muscles are just as important as physical play - an informative read. From Hey Sigmund by Miki Dedijer.
5. What Kids Need From Grown-ups (but aren't getting): a Q&A with NPR and Erika Christakis - author of The Importance of Being Little. Developing social-emotional skills is critical for kids - something they aren't getting from worksheets and flashcards.
6. Dance Break - An Awesome Alternative to Time-Out: YES to dance breaks - they do work! A great reminder on positive disciplining. From Positive Parenting Connection.