Addicted to Play - links we love for April! April 27 2017, 0 Comments
1. How to Create a Basic Capsule Wardrobe for Kids: We’re all for sustainability! Check out this mom’s take on simplifying your child’s closet. By Denaye Barahona for Simple Families
2. 20 Books for Kids Not Ready for Harry Potter: Some page-turners aimed at a younger audience for your little adventurers! By Erin Vincent
3. According To Harvard Psychologists: Parents Who Raise “Good” Kids Do These 5 Things: The task of growing our children into good people can be daunting, especially when their world is so different from the one we grew up in. Here are some wise words from Harvard to steer you, and them, in the right direction. From Curious Mind Magazine
4. 'Forest bathing’ is latest fitness trend to hit U.S. — ‘Where yoga was 30 years ago: Let's make this more than just a trend. Here’s to getting outside, connecting with the greenery, and recharging ourselves this summer! By Meeri Kim for The Washington Post, Photo from iStockphoto
5. Short Film ‘Just Breathe’ Helps Kids Deal with Emotions: A little video to help your kiddos cool down and stop hitting their brother through mindfulness. Hah! Definitely worth the four minutes! By Alicia Lutes for Amy Poehler's Smart Girls, Photo from 'Just Breathe'
6. Taming the Toys Could Ignite Creativity: “. . .scarcity rather than abundance sparks creativity.” Ideas on how to maximize kid’s imaginations through minimizing their toy box. By Sanya Pelini for Parent Co., Photo from Getty Images